Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Three Weeks & Counting!

I can't believe Jacob's birthday is in three short weeks. The party will be the following Saturday and I'm so happy my brother & his fiancee are coming from Texas! Here is the front of the invitation. I love Shutterfly! They printed, addressed & mailed them! It could not be easier!



I encourage you to stop by http://www.kidswithheart.org/, as well as to return there in a few weeks. There is a good chance that if I can get Jacob's "story" written in time, he will be the feature story for August. Right now the feature story for July is posted about a little boy named Cayman who was born on July 22 and lost his fight with CHD on the day Jacob was born. It's not a happy ending, but it is one that potentially could have been had the defect (Coarctation of the Aorta) been detected. [See Mayo Clinic - treatment for Coarctation of the Aorta] Congenital heart defect awareness is so important. I think Cayman's story shows that even medical professionals still need to be educated!

1 comment:

saamom said...

Jenni - I just read that heart wrenching story. I am in such shock. It brings home how lucky we are to have our two little boys. I too was surprised how little known CHD is to everyone. It is the #1 birth defect affecting 1 out of every 125 babies! But yet, you hardly hear anything. I will continue to check for Jacob's story!