Thursday, January 3, 2008

Disney in December!

Another month without a post! And it's not like I don't have anything to talk about! But maybe that's the problem!

We were in Disney from Dec 8-15. Disney with 16 month old - reviews are mixed. Of course, we had already prepared ourselves this would be a different kind of trip. At the same time, I'm not sure we were prepared for our child to completely FREAK out without ANY notice whatsoever, since he has never done that before. Freakout #1 happened on the airplane on the way down. Miserable! We were in a hotel room the first two nights & Jacob was in the hotel crib in hallway area that was in our room. It worked okay, but Jeff & I felt like we couldn't do anything at night! On Dec 10, we checked into our rental house - which was great - 4 BR, 3 Baths, swimming pool, game room, baby equipment, everything. It's called Shrek's Hideout and it's no more than 7-10 minutes to the parks. We could not believe how close it was to everything! My mom arrived and brought my grandparents - we all stayed in the house that week and this allowed Jeff & I to go to Disney a few times without Jacob or to go out to dinner, etc. More to come later!

2 comments:

Samantha said...

It is such a shame that we missed each other...we were there from the 16-23. It is really quite the adventure with little ones! Micah HATED the merry go round...of all things?!?! I am glad that you were able to enjoy some alone time while there...Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Hugs,
Samantha

Kim said...

Hi! I just read Jacob's story... my daughter also has/had TGA, and I've been looking in cyberspace for other families with kids of the same defect, to see how they're coping. I am active in some CHD communities, but as my child is not as "sick" as others, often feel like I don't fit in - my daughter is now healthy, like Jacob! Feel free to visit our blog if you'd like (which has her story) at http://vtkthies.blogspot.com. We're not far away - we're in VA! -Kim