Tuesday, February 24, 2009

On to Florida!

Saturday, Feb 21:

On Saturday, we got up and left for my grandparents house in New Port Richey around 7:30 a.m.. About an hour or so into the trip, we had to break out the DVD player and he watched some Wiggles, Blue’s Clue’s, Elmo, etc. I think he might not have known we had the DVD player on Friday, but when he saw it Friday night, he wanted it on Saturday morning. We stopped in Ocala for some donut holes at Dunkin Donuts around 10:00 a.m. That kept Jacob occupied for a little while. About 10 minutes before we were going to get to Sugar & Papa’s, Jacob was done with the DVD player, his books, toys, etc. I got out the jelly bellies again, and gave Jacob about one per minute and he did fine the rest of the way. That’s a trick I’ve got to remember! But overall, he was such an angel in the car, I still can’t believe it!

We got to Sugar & Papa’s around 11:40 a.m. and Jacob showed them how to bowl with his $5 bowling set. My brother John and his wife, Katherine were there. A little while later, my mom, Mee-ma, showed up and Jacob was literally jumping up and down when he saw her! Around 1 p.m., Jacob was getting tired, and Jeff set up the toddler Aerobed in the guest room. I put Jacob down for a nap and he did great - he went right to sleep. After his nap, Jeff and I took Jacob to Sim’s Park, which had a great play apparatus made of wood with all kinds of levels, four slide, etc. Jacob loved it. We played for about 45 minutes. After the park, we went back to Sugar & Papa’s for a little while. My mom’s sister, Alice came over too. We decided to go to dinner at a Chinese buffet and Jacob enjoyed the ice cream. After dinner, we went back to Alice’s and Jacob did some more bowling. When 7:30 or so rolled around, my mom put Jacob to bed and for the third time in two days, he went to sleep in a new place and did great.

Sunday, February 22:

He slept until 5:30 a.m. again Sunday morning. Jeff & I kept him contained in the bedroom until 7:30 and we had to turn him loose. My aunt made us oatmeal and muffins, and we also had fruit and coffee. It was nice. Jacob did some more bowling while Jeff & I got ready and about 10 a.m. we headed back over to Sugar & Papa’s.

More to come! Tomorrow we head to Orlando!

No comments: