Thursday, March 29, 2007

Another Great Evening!

Jacob napped well at Chrissy's again yesterday and stayed up until 7 p.m. When I got home, Jeff was already feeding him cereal w/ strained peaches. I had stopped at Food Lion and had gotten diced peaches. They are very mushy-like. So we tried feeding him the diced ones. He was not too impressed. He made a very funny face at them. Then again, he may like them after we give them to him a few times. I seem to remember he made a similar face when we gave him puffs, but now he likes those pretty well. We also started the canister of Cherry flavored puffs - yum!

Jacob woke up at 2:30 a.m., but he must have gone back to sleep. I also heard him talking around 5:30 a.m. Jeff and I were up at 6:15 or so, and Jacob remained sleeping until almost 7:00 a.m.! He was in such a good mood this morning too. I wish every night/morning could be like that!

My friend Audra, who I've known for many years, gave birth to a baby girl, Hannah, on March 22, which is our anniversary! We are very happy for them!

The other exciting news is that it looks like I'm going to be able to go with Jeff to Philadelphia the weekend after Easter! My mom is going to stay with Jacob at our house so that I can go. Originally, we considered taking Jacob to Philly with us, but my mom has graciously accepted our request for her to stay with him and we are grateful! This will be our first trip away from him, so it will definitely be challenging for Jeff & I! I have no doubts that my mom can handle everything and Jacob will be in good hands!

2 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I just read your email on CHIN...

we have a blog for Matthew, too.
We started it at Stanford in Aug. of 2005 to give updates daily.
It's been a wonderful way to let everyone know what is going on!
I will look forward to check on your little guy!

www.whomagoo.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenni, this looks great! It sounds like Jacob is doing wonderfully - just thriving! Gabe loves those Gerber puffs too! I used to virtually wear them in a holster around my hips in anticipation of any meltdowns with his big sister, and I can see he won't be any different! LOL!

I am so jealous of your grown-up getaway! How awesome is that?!! I am sure his grandma will smoother him iwith love and just adore the whole experience herself!

You've got it made...