Friday, March 30, 2007

It's Friday!!

Yesterday, Jacob and his little friend, Sam both wanted to play with the same rattle at Chrissy's house. They kept taking it away from each other. Sam is about 3 weeks older than Jacob, but outweighs him by about 5 lbs. That doesn't sound like much, but when you are talking about kids this age, it really is! Sam is a big boy! He looks like a baby version of Santa Claus when he is lying on his back. Apparently, his parents feed him pureed chicken & dumplings! Sam also has a lot more hair than Jacob. I hear that Jacob likes to eat Sam's hair.

Jacob did well last night. But, he wanted to get up at 5:30 this morning and did not want to go back to sleep in a little. I told Jeff it will be so fun to get up at 5:30 a.m. on Saturday! This morning before we left, I gave Jacob one of those Gerber wagon wheels. It's carrot & cheese flavored. He tasted it a little and did not seem to enthusiastic. I'm trying to broaden his finger food beyond puffs!

On tap for this weekend: the Holly Springs Spring Fling Community Yard Sale & Kid's Activities on Saturday; a birthday party on Saturday for Austin, who will be one on Monday; shopping at Babies R Us on Sunday to check out car seats; and the Triangle Mommies picnic on Sunday! Busy weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a handsome boy your Jacob is! I'm glad you found me :) I will put a link to your blog in my heart links section if that is ok. We actually didn't find out about our Jacob's defect until he was 10 days old, and thanks to amazing doctors and miracles he lived through it and is doing awesome now. I'd love to chat more - and anytime you have questions feel free to ask. :) There's a link in my heart kids section of my blog to Jacob's story if you'd like to read it. These kids have amazing stories. Thanks for stopping by to say hi and sharing your Jacob's story. :)

Anonymous said...

Gabers has a chubby little friend like that too - That kid weighs as much as my 3 year old (granted she is small, but he is HUGE)! Santa Claus is right!

That's adorable tho, that Jacob is already going on play dates! How cute is that?!

It does sound like your weekend is packed full. Wow, do i feel like a slacker! I can barely bring myself to get out of my jammies on Sundays! LOL!

Here's to hoping your early morning babe will sleep a bit later!