Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Jacob's One Year Check-Up

Jacob had his one year check up with his new pediatrician, Dr. Ramsdell with Ramsdell Pediatrics yesterday. First off, it's a long story why we switched, but I couldn't be happier. Jeff really likes her too, and Jacob seemed to take to her as well. At one point, he reached his arms out for her to pick him up! I can't say he ever did that with his other doctors!

His stats were 20.14 lbs (19th percentile); 30.25 inches (63rd percentile) and I think his head was around 18 cm (57th percentile). We talked about his development and she feels he is just fine in that category as well. He knows 4-6 words pretty well, responds to his name, seeks approval, claps, drinks from a straw/sippy cup, feeds himself etc. He's not walking yet, but he will in his own time.

He couldn't get his shots yesterday though. He's come down with a cold, complete with snot & a nasty cough that is mostly present at night and keeping us all awake. She put him on Xopenex by nebulizer for the next week or so and gave us a new prescription for that. She ordered breathing treatments every 4 hours for the first day or so, then back to every 6 hours as needed. She said he was fine to go to "school," as long as he wasn't running a fever, so we sent him on to Chrissy's today with his nebulizer.

It's funny he is so skinny because I really don't think he could eat any more! Lately, he is loving fruit of all kinds. Last night at dinner he had sprite melon (similar to a honeydew/muskmelon/cantelope), raspberries, grapes, bananas, and applesauce! He also had some veggies & about 1/2 of a turkey sausage.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Of course you can add us to your blogroll...please use either http://jonathan-samantha-major.blogspot.com or www.caringbridge.org/visit/micahmajor--these are the ones that I use for the kiddos. May I add you guys to ours as well?

I think that I found the CHD Families yahoo group through your blog, which then lead to me finding Angela to post Micah's story...I know that I read Jacob's story last month on that site.

I also follow your blog closely and just love to see how well little Jacob is doing. Our boys are so close in age--just a couple of weeks!

Take care and thanks for writing me!

Hugs,
Samantha