Sunday, February 10, 2008

Happy CHD Awareness Week! - Feb 7-14

The reason I started this blog was in part to chronicle Jacob's adventures, but it was also to raise a awareness about CHD and to share Jacob's journey with CHD. As many of you know, he had a very scary start in this world and we are so lucky that we have him with us today. He has a smile that lights up the room.

Tomorrow, on Valentine's Day, I will spend a good chunk of the day volunteering at the Mix 101.5 Radiothon for Duke Children's Hospital. I hope you will take a moment to make a donation, even if it's just $5! 100% of the money raised goes to programs for kids at Duke Children's: sending a DC kid to a special camp; buying toys; computers; magazines; research & development; etc.

Also, in honor of CHD Awarness Week, I hope you will visit this fabulous Learn About CHD Blog:
(and thanks to Emily's blog for making me aware of it!)



Happy CHD Awareness Week!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Hi Jenni! Thanks for posting this blog site...I have never seen this one...I am going to look at it soon!

Happy CHD Week to you too!

Heart Hugs,
Samantha

The Portas said...

Yes, this is a new one for me as well. Thanks for posting it. Have a great day. Nice job on volunteering and making a difference!

Anonymous said...

I love this blog site - I found it through Emily's as well :-) Awesome on the volunteering - I think it is awesome!