Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Peace College Reunion Weekend!

This past weekend, May 19-20, I attended the Peace College reunion with my 3 roommates from Peace, Kim, Heather & Jenna. We had such a wonderful time! This is Peace's Sesquicentennial (150 years, founded in 1857) Year, so the Reunion weekend was much grander than usual. They offered alumnae the chance to stay on campus, but it was rather expensive, so the girls, at the suggestion of my husband, opted to stay at a nearby Embassy Suites. I'll try to post a few pictures of us as soon as I can get them downloaded from the camera!

The other "interesting" thing going is on that Jacob has not been to Chrissy's since last Thursday! Her son, Evan, has been sick, and has even had two hospital overnight stays due to dehydration. (He is doing better now though.) Fortunately, Nicole kept Jacob 1/2 of Thursday, all day Friday, Monday, and Tuesday. Today Jacob is at Angie's, another friend who is a SAHM. She is the sister of my law school friend, Katie, but also a friend of mine for the last few years now. I'm so fortunate to have such great friends to help out! Tomorrow and Friday, Jeff had already planned to take off work because I have mediations for my work in Jacksonville & Wilmington, so we are all going to Wilmington on Thursday morning and staying through the holiday weekend with my mom. Jeff will probably take Jacob to his mom's on Friday and I imagine we may go to my dad's on Saturday or Sunday. Jeff and I are contemplating sleeping in my mom's living room and giving Jacob the guest room to try to keep some semblance of normalcy to his sleep schedule! He slept until 6:30 a.m. this morning! His sleep is WONDERFUL right now! Keeping fingers crossed this continues!!!

2 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Sleep is great and very important. I would love to be on your heart mom blog roll and I will add you to mine.

Anonymous said...

That reunion sounds like fun - I would love to meet up with my college roomies one of these days.Yay for good sleep - I hope it continues too. :)