Thursday, May 3, 2007

Nine Months Old!

Jacob was nine months old on Tuesday. That evening, he had a "first." He pulled himself up to standing at the bottom of our stairs! (Of course, Jeff and I were standing right there in case he fell, but he did it all by himself.) I think it's entirely possible he will be at least "cruising" before he is one. He has also been sleeping just great from 7:00 pm until about 6:30 a.m. He will occasionally cry out during the night, but he quickly goes back to sleep on his own. We are SOOO lucky!

Jacob has been on antibiotics since Thursday and he seems to be doing better. He's been going to Chrissy's this week, and you can tell he is so happy to be there! Yesterday, when I dropped him off, I put him on the floor with Sam. He went to crawl over Sam, remember - Santa baby, and he got stuck because Sam's belly is so big! Chrissy helped him crawl on over. Chrissy says they are so funny playing together and that it reminds her of little puppies! Jeff said yesterday when he picked Jacob up, he even cried a little because he didn't want to leave!

I've been on the road for work - Monday in Wilson; Tuesday in Statesville; and Wednesday in Fayetteville. Also, Monday through Wednesday, we had our house painted. We thought we had picked a shade of tan (Sea Sand by Porter Paints) that would be darker than our yellowish tan, but it looks almost like the same color. On one hand this is a little disappointing, because it's not what we were going for, but on the other, we will not have our HOA breathing down our neck for not getting the color approved ahead of time! In any event, we are glad it is done, because it needed painting! We have hardiplank, but the house is 10 years old this year!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Hi Jenni -

I saw your comment on my blog. Definitely blogroll me. May I do the same? I can't believe the similarities between us and our kiddos. :) love to trade emails with you some time.

Great blog!
Kel

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is better now - and yay on the standing, that is AWESOME! :)