Friday, April 27, 2007

It's all in the family....

Yes, it was bound to happen. After three days of your little one sneezing on you, coughing on you, and generally using your clothes as a snot rag, you are going to get sick yourself.

Jeff and I started feeling the effects of what little Jacob has been going through yesterday afternoon. Lots of congestion, sore throat, general fatigue, headache, etc. I think it is hitting Jeff a little harder than it is hitting me today. Either that, or I've found a right combo of meds with taking that psuedo-Sudafed (the on-the-shelf variety) + 600 mg of Ibuprofen. I decided to come on into work and get as much done as I can today. I was supposed to attend a dinner tonight, but I don't know that I'm going to make it in light of having a sick husband and sick kid at home by themselves all day.

On a good note, Jacob did sleep through the night last night for the first time this week! He awoke at 8:37 pm and cried for one minute. Then, quiet. About 8:42 pm, cried for another minute. Then, silence. The entire night. Not even a cough from him. At 6:00 am, I went in and he was lying there quietly. As I opened the door, he lifted his head and crawled towards me in his crib. You could almost hear him thinking.... Mom, pick me up! Mom, pick me up!

7 comments:

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Oh no! It is sooo hard to be sick with a baby!! Oh no!! Hope you feel better.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

I google'd "Walk on Water" and there were millions of leads...
is that the actual name of the book?

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I hope you are all feeling better.

Terri - I am reading that book right now it is "Walk on Water" by Michael Ruhlman. A warning on it - it has some terrible language in it, which I found offensive, but the story is so great I blacked out all the offensive words. There are two other amazing books that I got off Amazon and read recently. One is an autobiography called "Partners of the Heart" by Vivien Thomas about his work with Alfred Blalock - it is fascinating. And the other is called "King of Hearts" by G. Wayne Miller, a biography of Walt C. Lillehei who is considered to be the father of open heart surgery. It is well written and a fascinating story of quite an incredible, if some what dubious of nature, man. :)

If you do an Amazon.com search you will be able to find it easier.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Jacon slept well last night ... but not glad to hear of all your sickness :(! Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

oops ... Jacob :0). Can you tell I type with my head down looking at the keyboard??? I really should proof read more often ;)!

Jenni said...

Terri & GoofyJ:

Yep, that is the book that I was referring to on Terri's blog. I also had read the Amazon reviews, so I prepared myself for the language in the book. I think the author was trying to portray what he observed without really censoring it.

I'd like to read Partners of the Heart. The movie, Something the Lord Made, is an HBO original and is based on that story. It is an EXCELLANT movie!!

Thanks Tracy!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Jenni, feel free to add us as a link to your blog. If you don't mind, I'd like to do the same. We share imilar stories indeed!