Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Live from Wilmington!

Whew.... we made it here. Finally!!

Last night was a rush to do laundry, pack, in addition to all the normal evening activities - feeding Jacob, getting him to bed, etc. I didn't even have time to go work out! So, I planned to go at lunch today, but it was not to be... I'm on the criminal appellate brief rotation at work and I have a criminal brief due next week. I had to get things organized for that and ended up having to meet with my supervisor on the issue, etc., which took up the time I would have been working out at lunch.

Jeff came to the office around 3:00 p.m. and we took Jacob around to see my co-workers. This was the first time they have seen him since he was about 8 weeks old, except in pictures of course... many many pictures. We finally got on the road about 3:30 p.m. We brought both vehicles since I've got to go to Whiteville tomorrow. So, this necessitated stopping half-way on a two hour journey to feed the fussy boy. This turned into a THIRTY minute stop... So, a trip that should take 2 hours or less, took nearly 3 hours!

Jacob was very happy to see his "Gram-Gram." He gave her hugs and his open-mouth kisses where he tries to eat your face. Gram-Gram bought him the Hallmark talking bunny rabbit. He didn't know quite what to think of it. He slept the last 45 minutes or so of the journey down here, so he was full of energy and stayed up until 8:00 p.m. I honestly cannot remember the last time he was up that late. He's been pretty consistent with a 7:00 p.m. bedtime lately. Even at 8:00 p.m., he did not seem sleepy, but we knew he needed to go to bed. He's sleeping in his "new" Tot-Block that we bought last weekend. I'm sure Jacob will wake us many times tonight, since we are in the same room with him!

Tomorrow evening, my best friend Heather is coming over with her daughter who is about 16 months old. Friday, we'll go to Ocean Isle Beach to see the other Gram. Saturday, I think we are going to my dad's. Sunday, we'll probably go to the service at the church where we got married, Grace UMC. And, in the meantime, I need to find time to go work out, and to write this criminal brief!

No comments: