Friday, April 20, 2007

T.G.I.F.!

What a week....

Sunday night, Jeff & I attended the A.P.A. opening reception at the Grand Hall of the PA Convention Center. The reception took place on two different levels and approximately 6000 people were there! They had lots of fun foods from Philly & a great band!

Monday, we recovered from Sunday night, and toured the U.S. Mint where they make coins.

Tuesday, I flew home and was so happy to see Jacob!

Wednesday, Jeff flew home, and I picked him up at the airport. After a quick BJ's run for diapers, formula, baby food (do you also run out of everything at once?), we went to pick up Jacob from Chrissy's. He was very happy to see his "da-da."

Thursday, first semi-normal day this week, except Jacob did not sleep well again Wed. night - he decided to be up from 11:30 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. when we finally gave up fighting and let him sleep with us. And, I had to go to Greensboro for work.

And, now it's Friday. The weather will be beautiful this weekend! Jacob slept great last night! He did wake up crying at 8:15 p.m., and for the first time, we let him cry. He only cried about 15-20 minutes and went back to sleep. We did not hear from him again all night! Around 6:15 a.m., Jeff went into his room, and Jacob was awake and said, "Hi Dada!" He says, "Hi," and "Hey" and adds in Dada too! He also says "ba-ba" and he means it! It's so precious!

Tomorrow, Jacob and I will be doing the 5K walk for WalkAmercia for the March of Dimes! In fact, it's not too late to contribute! www.walkamerica.org/jennimc1975 is my walker page! I think we can take contributions for a few weeks after the event. I'm walking for my friend Audra's twins, born 2 years ago, who did not survive; my coworker Vanessa & her 27 weeker, born in October, who is doing very well; my sitter Chrissy's twins who were 30 weekers and also doing well now. Another friend, Laura, is an aunt to a 32 weeker. So many preemies! And of course, I'm also pleased that March of Dimes supports congenital heart defect research, though of course, there focus is prematurity. P.S. - Thanks to all of you who have contributed already!!!

Also tomorrow, we have a belated birthday party at our neighbors for their son Gavin who turned one a few weeks ago, but was quite sick on his birthday. And, we are taking my mom to the airport - so she can fly to Texas to see my brother, and then we are going to the Great Grapes Wine Festival, which I won tickets to this week!

I will try to get more pictures uploaded here & to Shutterfly this week!
If you haven't checked it out - Jacob's Shutterfly link is www.jacobjones.shutterfly.com

No comments: