Monday, April 23, 2007

Good Monday Morning!

Our weekend went pretty well! Jacob slept great! He even let us sleep in until 7:30 a.m. on Sunday! Wow!

Saturday morning, Jacob and I went to March of Dimes' WalkAmerica at Nortel Networks. I ended up raising $230 of my $250 goal. Not bad! Our team raised $3,240 so far, and our goal was $3,000! We walked the 3.1 miles. Jacob was such a good baby! He didn't cry one time. I don't think he was feeling very good on Saturday - he was rather quiet. When we got home, he was running a little fever, but seems to have beat whatever he had. (Keeping fingers crossed!) Since he was running a fever, we skipped the birthday bash across the street and the wine festival. My mom ended up taking herself to the airport. So the rest of Saturday and most of Sunday were pretty quiet.

Last night, Jacob did not want to go to sleep. After 45 minutes of trying to get him to sleep (reading, rocking, back-patting), he still wanted to cry whenever he was in his crib. I finally gave up. We had to let him cry. From 7:45 p until 8:15 p, he cried off & on. For example, he would cry 6-7 minutes, and then stop for 5 minutes, then repeat until about 8:15 p. He did sleep the rest of the night without a peep. This morning, at 6:30 a, he was awake and cheerful.

Tomorrow, please keep Jacob in your thoughts & prayers. He has his appointment at Duke with Dr. Delaney, his pediatric cardiologist. Prior to seeing Dr. Delaney, he will have to be sedated for an echocardiogram. These appointments seem to get more difficult the older he gets, and I think that will continue to be true. I'm praying we continue to get the good news we've had at his last 3 appointments in September, November & January.

I've uploaded March & April pictures to shutterfly. They will be added to the collection really soon! I just need to do some editing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the echo ... I will be praying for Jacon to be a good little boy for his appointment:) and have a good check up. Be sure to let us know how he does!