Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Randomness

This past weekend was the first Farmer's Market in Holly Springs. Jeff has been working on this project with some other staff now for about a year. Everything went really well. Since Jeff had to basically work 7 A to 1 P on Saturday, I got to spend the morning with Jacob, which was nice.

Around 9 A, Jacob and I went out to the Market and ran into some friends of ours. We bought new potatoes, strawberries, and homemade meringue cookies. Jeff came home later on with some shrimp. Everything was so good. The strawberries were very ripe & sweet. I must have eaten a half-quart just standing in the kitchen. I bought angel food cake later, and we hardly had any left!

Sunday was a quiet day around the house. Storms were predicted, so we did four loads of laundry!

Jacob has mostly been sleeping through the night 6:30 P to 6:00 A for a good month or so. Jeff and I are spoiled. Friday night, and last night, Jacob woke up in the middle of the night and cried/fussed for a little bit, maybe 10 minutes. Then, he'd be quiet for 15-20 minutes, and you'd hear him fuss for a minute or so. Repeat. For an hour and half. Both Friday & Monday nights. And he was up at 5:00 A and fussed for a minute or two. I'm not sure what is going on with him sleepwise, though we do think he is starting to cut two more teeth on top.

Jacob started eating banana chunks this weekend and arrowroot cookies. These are the first foods other than puffs or wagon wheels he has been able to feed himself really.

Lastly, I'm very excited about Jeff's Father's Day present. And, I'm proud of myself for planning ahead. It's already ordered and will be shipped later this week. I'd love to tell you all about it, but you'll have to wait! Now I just need to figure out something for my own Dad!

No comments: