Thursday, June 21, 2007

Week and a half Recap! & Jacob's Clothes

You know you need to post to your blog when your husband says, "Honey, you haven't posted anything in over a week!"

Sorry to be MIA Jacob fans! To recap since the last post, let's see

6/13 - I had a mediation in Greensboro - it settled;
6/14 - I had Bunco - I lost.
6/15 - I had a mediation in High Point - it didn't settle - grrrr.... but, I did make an afternoon of it and stopped at Peaches-N-Cream and got Jacob the most adorable outfit for his birthday!


I also went to Carter's which is having a great 40-70% off sale, $5 polo shirts, sunsuits, etc. Great deals!

6/16 Went to the Farmer's Market, BJ's, etc. We had our friend Katie & Daniel over for dinner that night, which was really great to be able to socialize on a Saturday night since Jacob goes to bed so early. They are special friends - they came to Rex at 3 a.m. when Jacob was born. Katie stayed with me and Daniel drove Jeff to Duke.

6/17 Jeff's First Father's Day. He absolutely loved his present and has been showing it off all week. If you'd like to view the photobook I made him on Shutterfly - click here.

6/19 Tuesday - mediation - yet again to Greensboro. However, the plaintiff's attorney failed to notify me before my arrival he had not talked to his client since MARCH! He did realize this last Thursday, but felt it was too late to tell me! Grrr...

Last night, I was laying (or is it lying?) awake at 4 a.m. drafting a blog post in my head, but now of course I can't remember it. I was going to write about how shopping for clothes for Jacob is really more fun than even buying clothes for myself. I remember when I found out we were having a boy, a part of me wanted a girl because I wanted to be able to dress up a little girl in cute dresses. They make so many cute girl clothes. But, I also tend to think that boy's clothes are getting way cuter too. I'm a sucker for buying them all! Today, Jacob is wearing a very cute shortalls with a blue polo - the shortalls have little fishes embroidered on them! Wow, I just found them on Overstock! I got this outfit for BJ's and I think I paid maybe $10? This is not good. I didn't realize Overstock sold baby clothes! I'm really in trouble now! Look at this outfit!!! ADORABLE!!

Jacob has so many clothes for summer in size 12 months that he could probably wear a different outfit just about every day of the month. I wish I were exaggerating! Fortunately, he is growing a lot slower these days than in the early days, but he is so long, that some of the 12 months outfits are getting too short. We virtually have no 18 months clothes, so I did buy some Carter's Polos at the outlet last week that he'll wear this fall probably. His birthday is coming up too in just less than 6 weeks!

And of course, in his just 10.5 months, he's outgrown many, many clothes, in fact, more than three large plastic containers full! What to do with all these clothes? Save them? Sell them? Consign them? Give them away? What do you do with your kids/babies too-small clothes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny thing, I was drafting a blog post in my head at 3:30 this morning too - heh. I remembered it - in fact I should have just gotten up to write it so I could have gotten some sleep.

The outfit is adorable. And it sounds like you have had a busy and fun week or so.

We save our overgrown clothes, but we have a big family. If you think you will have another child, I would say save the ones in really good condition and that are your favorites. Even if you decide to give some away, be sure to save some special outfits to pass on when the little man becomes a Dad, it is really neat to be able to see clothes we were dressed in as a baby. For our Jacob we saved the outfit that he was wearing when we rushed him to the ER and the one he came home in from the hospital in his keepsake box.

As for the ones we don't keep, I usually find a family who needs them and give the best ones to them, then I ship off the rest to Goodwill or someplace similar - and some are so worn (after going through three girls) I just have to pitch them.

I must say that with another on the way it is nice to know I have a pretty good collection of boys and girls clothes so we don't have big clothing expenses right off. :)