Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tuesday Ramblings...

My mom came up on Friday night to visit, and on Saturday morning, we went to the Farmers Market again. Between my mom & I, we bought strawberries, green peppers, banana peppers, three loaves of fresh bread(!), two pints of homemade strawberry jam, and two basil plants. It is so wonderful having this so close by, I'm sure we will go every week! I can't wait til the tomatoes come in!

After the Farmers Market, mom and I went to Target with Jacob. He's such a good boy. He is happy even when he's tired and is so good in stores! I'm a realist though, and I know this might not last! We bought him the cutest little beach chair! We were actually looking for one of those hard shell baby pools for him, but Target, nor Lowe's had one. After an hour or so at Target, we headed on back home. Jeff got back from Farmers Market around the same time. After some lunch, Jeff and I headed back out to find Jacob a pool! We went to Rose's, but the pool was too big. Then to Walmart, which of course, has everything. They had 3 sizes and we bought the smallest one. We came home and filled it up on our deck. It's nice because the deck is mostly shaded, so Jacob is out of the sun. We put him and his rubber duckies in the pool, and he loved it! He splashed and chased the duckies around for a good 45 minutes. We got lots of great pictures, which I'll post soon.

On Sunday, two of Jeff's aunts came to visit for the day from Greensboro. They had not seen Jacob since he was 4 months old (at Christmas)! These are probably Jeff's two favorite aunts, and one of them also is dear to us because she came several days when Jacob was on the peds floor at Duke and sat with him and read him books so that Jeff and I could escape the hospital for a couple of hours a day. It's so nice that Jeff has a big family that all live pretty close by since he is an only child and since Jacob's only uncle (and future aunt) live in Texas!

Jacob continues to sleep pretty well at night. He did cry for about 5-10 minutes around 9:15 p.m. last night. We watched him on the surveillance camera, and he did not seem to wake up. I think maybe he was having a bad dream, but he went back to sleep pretty quickly. This morning, I went in his room and he was lying there so quietly, I thought he was sleeping! He saw me, and his little head popped right up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet - Jacob popping his head up like that. Our Jacob will do the same thing. :) I love the farmers markets, they are awesome.

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Just stopping by to see what's going on...

I'll be back ... I've been a bad blogger.