Monday, March 2, 2009

Jacob is sick....

Yesterday, when we got home, as I was getting Jacob out of the car, he was sort of shivering. I thought it was odd and when we got him inside and took his temperature, sure enough, he had a low grade fever. It went up a little and we gave him some Tylenol and put him to bed. He slept all night until 7:00 a.m. this morning, which is really out of the norm for him. When he got up, his fever was about 102.

It had snowed overnight, but nothing like the snow we had on January 20. The snow in the driveway had already melted by the time we got up. I took my time getting ready and made my way into work by 9:30 a.m. Jeff had already planned to take off today, so he stayed home with Jacob. Jacob's fever stayed in the 101 to 102 range all day and was not much relieved by Tylenol, so I went and got some Motrin after work. Jeff had just given Tylenol when I got home, so we had to wait a few hours. The amazing thing is that Jacob has been taking Tylenol great! He went to bed at 7 p.m., but has already been up twice crying. It's going to be a long night. The most recent time, we tried to give him some Motrin, but he wasn't having it.

Looks like I'm on deck to stay home with him tomorrow...and maybe even take him to the doctor.

1 comment:

The Portas said...

Well that's just a lovely welcome home present. I guess at least it happened after vacation, but still no fun to deal with. Poor little guy. I hope he feels better very soon. Give him some healing hugs from me. oxxoox