Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Potty Progress

Jacob has been sitting on the potty at times for months now. Probably since last summer.... he's actually done #2 on the potty a handful of times, but not had much success with #1.

This past Saturday, we had him in some trainers in the morning, and he promptly peed through two pairs in a row. We were heading out to run errands and put him back in his diaper, abandoning the cause. As soon as we got into the car, backed out of the driveway, and got to the stop sign, he said, "I poop, I poop." So, we turn the car around, and head back to the house. I take him in and put him on the potty, but he didn't want to sit there. He got upset and wanted the diaper back on. I finally gave in, and we started to head out the door. "I poop, I poop," he says again. I checked him and he had filled a diaper with pee-pee. Fun times. I changed him, and a little while later, we went on our way.

On Sunday, we didn't bring up the potty at all, nor put him back in trainers, etc. Sunday night before bed, he asked Jeff to take him to the potty and promptly pee-peed! Jeff and I made a big deal out of it, etc.

On Monday, fifteen minutes after Jeff put Jacob to bed, Jacob called out, "I poop, I poop." (If you haven't figured it out yet - he uses the same word for #1 and #2.) So, Jeff got him up out of the crib, and out of his PJ's and sure enough, he pee-peed.

On Tuesday morning at 6:40 a.m., we were awaken to "I poop, I poop." We got him up and yep, again, he pee-peed. So, I decided to mention this to Michelle when I dropped him off. She said she'd work with him on it at her house too. Tuesday night, before his bath, he asked to pee - and bingo - he did it again!

This morning, as soon as he got up (5:45 this morning - eek!), he asked and Jeff took him and once more - pee-pee again!

I think something has clicked for him! Hopefully we are on the right path now!!

2 comments:

The Portas said...

Yay for pee-pee! Way to go, Jacob!!

Corrie said...

Alright Jacob! You gotta love when things finally 'click' for them. Pee-pee in the potty....your little guy is growing up :)