Sunday, March 8, 2009

Nearly Two Weeks...

That is, nearly two weeks, Jacob has been out of "routine", and he's a routine-oriented kid. He did great on vacation, and I think if he'd had a normal week last week, he'd have been fine, but being sick and staying with Jeff & I for three out of five days last week has now caused him to get a little clingy, dependent, etc. He wants carried, he wants fed, he wants his way. It's also a "battle of the wills" type two year old thing too. We had a stand-off, so to speak at dinner. I made him a plate of several things since our hamburgers weren't ready. After a few bites, he was done. In a crying fit though. I offered yogurt, his favorite, and he said, okay. Then I told him he'd have to feed it to himself, and that set him off crying again. We offered to let him go to bed, but he wanted carried upstairs, and we told him he'd need to do it himself. Another crying fit. Our dinner was ready, so Jeff and I went ahead and ate and "ignored" him, while discussing how yummy our dinner was and we wondered if Jacob would like some. After watching us eat while crying, he finally calmed down and came over after about 20 minutes. I was putting away the food and offered him a hamburger and he ate about 1/4 of one. Then, we had no TV or tiny computer tonight and he just played with us and with his toys.

It's going to be a long week!

1 comment:

The Portas said...

I'm so sorry to hear that his sickies got so much worse! Poor little guy. I'm glad he's feeling better. Seeing your baby sick is awful.

We are dealing with a lot of the strong will, and we aren't out of a schedule. Ugh...some days I just want to scream. I always tell myself that it's a GOOD thing that Elijah has such a strong will. It has gotten him through some pretty major stuff. Anyway, I hope things fall into place this week and you can all get back into a routine. Good luck!!